- True Cinema
- First applied by Jean Rouch
- Derived from the 1960’s showing people in everyday situations with authentic dialogue.
- Accomplished using a hand held camera
- Must be a relaxed and trusting setting between the filmmaker and the subject
- Two Different theorist view:
Jean Rouch- thought the camera should stimulate the way people acted in front of it, and express themselves in way they normally would not. Wanted to explain life
Leacock- wanted life to reveal itself. He thought Rouch forced meanings out people